Research has shown that gratitude can improve general well-being, increase resilience, strengthen social relationships and reduce stress and depression. The more grateful people are, the greater the overall wellbeing and life satisfaction. Gratitude reduces a multitude of toxic emotions, from envy, resentment to frustration and regret. Robert Emmons, a leading gratitude researcher, has conducted multiple studies on the link between gratitude and wellbeing.
Gratitude Helps Improve Our Health
His research confirms that gratitude effectively increases happiness and reduces depression. In psychology research. Gratitude is strongly and consistently associated with greater happiness. Gratitude helps people feel more positive emotions, religious Good experiences, improve their health, deal with adversity and build strong relationships. Gratitude aids in stress regulation.
By merely acknowledging and appreciating the little things in life, we can rewire the brain to deal with the present circumstances with more awareness and broader perception. Science has found evidence that gratitude may induce structural changes in the very same parts of the brain. This tells a story of how the mental practice of gratitude may even be able to change and rewire the brain.
Gratitude Closely Relates To Happiness
All of us want to be happy. However not all happy people are grateful maybe because they want something else or even more of the same. But there are others who have lots of misfortunes and they are genuinely happy because they are grateful. Being grateful helps you increase your happiness and understand yourself as well. It is gratefulness that makes you happy and not the other way round. Let’s take for example when you give someone.
They feel how much you value them because you took your time to look for something they would appreciate. It makes them feel grateful for having you and they, therefore, end up being happy. Always be grateful for what you have and whatever situation you are in because there are a lot of people in the world that would like to be in your situation rather than what they are right.
Being Contented Is What Makes Us Feel Thankful
Brother David Steindl-rest once said that it is not joy that makes us grateful; it is gratitude that makes us joyful. Therefore the root of joy is gratefulness. Joy is defined as a deep feeling or condition of happiness and contentment, grateful on the other hand is affording pleasure or what happens to us and gratitude is the state of being grateful. These three words are closely related to our life because, in order for you to have joy, you need to be grateful.
The way to cultivate a joyful life is to practice gratitude. We have to adopt tangible practices of gratitude. When we focus on the good, the things we do have we are more open to receiving joy instead of immediately foreboding it with negative thoughts. If one has all the good luck in the world. But take it for granted, it will not give them joy. Yet even bad luck will give joy to those who manage to be grateful for it.
Grateful People Are a Happy People
Gratitude is a secret to happiness and like we said earlier, when you are grateful, you feel happy because then you understand the real meaning of appreciation. The expression of gratitude-giving voice to it – also tends to predict greater happiness.
A study at Kent store state found, when more people expressed gratitude, consciously thinking about and writing down what they appreciated, the more likely they were to also report feelings of happiness. When we express gratitude and receive the same, our brain releases dopamine and serotonin, the two crucial neurotransmitters responsible for our emotions, and they make us feel good.
They enhance our mood immediately, making us feel happy from the inside.
Dennis Prager said and I quote,” because gratitude is the key to happiness, anything that undermines gratitude must undermine happiness. And nothing undermines gratitude as much as expectations and gratitude. The more expectations you have, the less gratitude you will have”.
Why Do We Relate Gratitude to Happiness
Gratitude and happiness are more than just a state of mind and gesture. Whatever life offers you is an opportunity, enjoy and be grateful for it and in this way you will be happy. Gratitude and happiness relate in a way that in order for you to be happy, you need to be grateful. This means that you cannot be happy if you are not grateful for whatever situation it is you are in.
The problem is that we are always looking at other people’s lives and we want what they are. We have to understand that we all have our one reason to be happy, we have to look at our own lives and realize the reasons that we have in order to be grateful and happy. Giving thanks or showing gratitude for whatever you are doing is crucial in order to be happy. While there may be different causes of happiness, one way for sure to bring about more happiness is gratitude.
Examples of Positive Gratitude Quotes
Quotes are repetitions of sentences, phrases, or a passage from speech or text that someone has said or written. In oral speech, it is the representation of an utterance that is introduced by a quotative marker, such as a verb or saying. Quotes are primarily used to set off and represent the exact language that has come from somebody else.
- Things turn out best for people who make the best out of the way things turn out.
- gratitude and attitude are not challenges; they are choices
- Acknowledging the good you already have in your life and the foundation of all abundance I have a lot to be thankful for. I am healthy, happy and I love it.
- Grateful for where I’m at. Excited about where I’m going.
- Reflection upon your present blessings of which every Man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some.
- I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
- Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have,you will never, ever have enough.
- A grateful heart is the beginning of greatness. It is an expression of humility. It is a foundation for the development of such virtues as prayer, faith, courage, contentment,happiness,love and well-being.
- Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and give thanks continuously. And because all things contributed to your advancement, you should include all the things in your gratitude.
- Gratitude is the best medicine. It heals your mind, your body and your spirit. And attracts more things to be grateful for.
- When some things go wrong,take a moment to be thankful for the many things that are going right.
- gratitude is a mark of a noble soul and a refined character. We like to be around those who are grateful.
- Be thankful for what you have ;you will end up having more.if you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never ever have enough.