Most of us don’t realize the benefits of reading the Bible. Some may just read it for a pastime when they are bored, required, and referred for an argument related to it. There are countless benefits in reading the Bible on a daily regular basis in our lives in many ways. If you are struggling in your present situation or whether not it is encouraged to read the Bible every day, meditate on the word of God, and pray and experience the amazing benefits of reading the Bible, you will be inspired. The benefits of reading the Bible daily are too numerous to count, but in this blog, I listed 10 amazing benefits of the Bible that you will surely acquire in your Bible reading habit.
What happens when you read the Bible every day?
- You will be able to know God and become more closer to Him. The Bible is the story of God’s greatness. The story from the beginning of creation, the journey of our Lord Jesus, and the story of the end times. In these stories, you will discover the faithfulness of God’s love towards His people and you will realize how much He loves you.
- You will build a strong relationship with God. What you read will give you an impact. Reading the Bible and meditating on the words in it, will absorb the truth that the Holy Spirit gives you. The Bible encourages you to put into practice the teachings of Jesus as well as to allow Him into your life. Therefore, you are building a relationship with Him.
- You will be guided to live righteously. The Bible says “All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- It gives you hope and makes you strong. I know like me you need to be strong and hopeful in this fallen world. We usually look anywhere to find comfort and refuge when we are down and sometimes what we have found is not enough. Good news for through the Bible reading we find answers to our questions, strength to our weaknesses, and hope to our dreams. “Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”- Nehemiah 8:10
- Strengthen your faith. If you have strong faith, everything seems easy and light. You will perceive things in a positive way even how tough your situation is. The Bible has lots of assurance given and exhibited by the Lord that we can rely on Him our adversity. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not to your understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths. Psalm 34:17 The righteous cry and the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.
- Learn the truth. When you build your daily habit of Bible reading and accompanied with prayers, you will be guided by the Holy Spirit. This will reveal to you the plan of God for salvation and the ways to attain forgiveness and everlasting life with Him. This will also prevent you to be deceived by false teaching.
- Armed you with a sword in spiritual warfare.
The Bible is our spiritual sword against Satan. When someone is holding and reading the Bible, Satan trembles because he could not attack us with his lies for we are bound by the words of God and we put our trust in Jesus.
- God becomes the center of your life and His presence becomes more real.
As we spend time reading the Bible, it gives an impact on our life. We become more godly in our thoughts, show kindness to others, be grateful for everything, and become unselfish as God transforms us gradually.
- It teaches us to defend our faith.
If we are full of wisdom from the Bible we can defend the reason of our hope and faith. We give honor to Christ our Lord by being prepared for questioning and responding respectfully and gently. “But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect” – 1 Peter 3:15
- Attain spiritual growth. Everything you need to learn and put into action is written in the Bible for you to have spiritual growth. You will experience being born again spiritually and eventually become a new person in Christ. Why do we need to have spiritual growth?
Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.”
They say and as I agree with “The Bible is the only book where the author is present when you read”. Indeed, God is present every time we read the Bible. God’s presence is one of the great benefits of the Bible. What happens when you read the Bible every day may surprise you. It has the potential to alter your life and perceptions. What we read has an impact on us. When reading the Bible, make sure you implement what you’ve learned and allow it to sink into your mind and heart. Follow the rules engraved on it and keep them in mind as we deal with the temptations of this imperfect world. The benefits of Bible reading will be yours to enjoy.